The works in Vanden Abeel’s ensembles are very varied. Each work has a different size. There are colour and black & white images, misty detailshots and sharp images, stand-alone images and images that return multiple times. His subjects are also very varied: landscapes, still lifes, cityscapes, people that are in the middle of daily routine. Where he makes the images doesn’t matter. They are straight forward and not embellished. They represent the unusual look of the artist, conducted in a well thought of frame. As a spectator you get a glimpse of how Vanden Abeele looks at the world.He’s also known for his work with Pina Bausch, Needcompany & more.
- 2013: Fotomuseum Antwerp, Belgium (Bull Head)
- 2012: Gallery 51, Antwerp, Belgium, Stadsfotografen
- 2011-2012: MAS Antwerp, Belgium
- 2011 : Lineart Artfair – The Border : Ghent, Belgium
- More to come.
- Pina Bausch – éditions Plume/Flammarion.
- Maarten Vanden Abeele – monography – expected end 2012.